826160018 – Economics and Financial Management for Nurses and Nurse Leaders, Third Edition by Susan J. Penner RN MN MPA DrPH CNL
Written by and for nurses, this key foundational text helps to build the fundamental economics and financial management skills nurses and nurse leaders need for daily use. This third edition delivers several new features, adding to its value as the only timely and relevant text written for the full spectrum of RN-to-BSN, BSN, and MSN students. It has been significantly revised to simplify content, to address the vast changes in and increasing complexity of U.S. health care financing, and to be useful in both traditional in-class format and hybrid and online programs. Two new and refocused chapters address assessing financial health and nurse entrepreneurship and practice management, and new material illuminates recent research findings and statistics. Chapters feature worksheets such as business plan checklists and text boxes expanding on key chapter content.
The book is distinguished by its provision of case examples based on nurse-run clinic and inpatient nursing unit financial issues. It provides multiple opportunities for experiential learning, such as writing business plans and health program grant proposals. It delivers cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analyses, discusses budget preparation, offers strategies for controlling budget costs, and updates relevant health policies and statistics. The text’s engaging format promotes the synthesis of economics and finance across the nursing curriculum through the use of end-of-chapter exercises, discussion questions, and games based on concepts within the text. Additionally, tips throughout the book alert students about the need to apply concepts from other aspects of their education to economic and financial situations. Also included are online supplemental materials for teachers and students, including Excel spreadsheets, grant proposals, a test bank, and PowerPoint slides.
New to the Third Edition:
- Updates health reform, health care spending, and other relevant policies and statistics
- Includes two new and refocused chapters that address assessing the financial health of a business and nurse entrepreneurship and practice management
- Highlights recent research findings and key concepts in text boxes
- Provides blank and completed worksheets, such as business plan checklists, so nurses can apply financial concepts in their clinical settings
- Fosters understanding of key concepts with enhanced explanations and samples of business plans and other reports
- Aligned with AACN and AONE guidelines, the CNL certification exam, and QSEN competencies
- Serves as a primary financial management text for multiple nursing academic programs
- Facilitates experiential learning through end-of-chapter exercises, games, tips for synthesizing knowledge, worksheets, and case examples
- Designed for use in traditional classrooms and in hybrid and online learning programs
- Includes a chapter on measuring nursing care with indicators for capacity, staffing, patient acuity, performance, and patient flow
- NEW! a FREE Q&A App is availabel (see inside front cover)
Category: Nursing Administration & Management
Author: Susan J. Penner RN MN MPA DrPH CNL
Pub Date: 8/25/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !