Sixth Edition Named a 2013 Doody’s Essential Purchase!
A detailed road map of essential knowledge for obtaining licensure and employment as a nursing home administrator, the Seventh Edition of this classic text is updated to reflect the 2014 National Association of Boards of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators (NAB) Domains of Practice. With more than 50 new topics, it comprehensively addresses all new regulations for managing a nursing facility along with a detailed overview of the skills and knowledge required to be a successful administrator. The Seventh Edition responds to the many changes that have recently occurred in the long-term care field. It provides a completely new Minimum Data Set 3.0 (MDS), 2015 Federal Requirements for Electronic Records, the new International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM), new Quality Measures, updated Instructions for Making Data as per the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, the impacts of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and several new federal regulations.
The Seventh Edition clearly describes what nursing home managers do, how they think, and how they lead. It breaks down the art of management into its basic tasks√≥forecasting, planning, organizing, staffing, directing, controlling quality, innovating, and marketing√≥and examines them in depth. The text pinpoints all of the separate components of nursing home administration√≥management, human resources, team dynamics, conflict resolution, finance and business, industry laws and regulations, and patient care√≥and describes how they fit together to form the coordinated activity set required of a successful nursing home administrator. Abundant real-life case studies, chapter objectives, and critical thinking questions greatly enhance learning. Mastering this text will prepare students to take√≥and pass with a depth of understanding√≥the nationally required NAB examination.
New to the Seventh Edition:
- 2014 updated NAB Domains of Practice: Management, Human Resources, Finance, Environment, and Resident Care
- Introduces over 50 new topics including team dynamics, conflict resolution, and basic principles of nursing and social work
- Vast changes wrought by new technology and patient data
- New information on safety and disaster preparedness
- Updates signs and symptoms of abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Provides new technology vocabulary
- Reorganized for quick access to information
- A completely new Minimum Data Set 3.0 (MDS)
- 2015 Federal Requirements for Electronic Records
- International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM)
- New quality measures
- Impacts of the ACA on long-term care
- Updated tables and figures
- New federal regulations for quality of care approaches for residents with dementia; additional medication issues; infection control; residents’ rights to establish advance directives; and defining unnecessary drugs
- Provides in-depth coverage of all aspects of nursing home administration
- Includes current data on the field of long-term care
- Replete with real-life case studies, learning objectives, and critical thinking questions
- Formatted according to licensing examination and guidelines of the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- Prepares students for the nationally required NAB exam
- Accompanying Instructor’s Manual
Category: Nursing Home Care
Author: James E. Allen PhD MSPH NHA IP
Pub Date: 11/4/2015
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !