323446663 – Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 8e by Mary Alice Statkiewicz Sherer AS RT(R) FASRT
Gain a full understanding of both basic and complex concepts in radiation protection, biology, and physics. Beautifully designed and easy to follow, Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 8th Edition promotes the safe use of ionizing radiation in all imaging modalities, including the effects of radiation on humans at the cellular and systemic levels, regulatory and advisory limits for human exposure to radiation, and the implementation of radiation safety practices for patients and personnel. This market-leading text reflects the latest ARRT and ASRT curriculum guidelines to help you succeed on the ARRT exam. Plus, the new edition includes tables with sensitivity ranges to provide easy reference for each type of dosimeter.
- Convenient, easy-to-use features include chapter outlines and objectives, listing and highlighting of key terms, and bulleted summaries, general discussion questions, and review questions to enhance student comprehension and retention.
- NCRP and ICRP content includes guidelines, regulations, and radiation quantities and units, explaining the effects of low-level ionizing radiation, demonstrating the link between radiation and cancer and other diseases, and providing the regulatory perspective needed for practice.
- Clear and concise writing style covers complex concepts in radiation protection, biology, and physics in a building-block approach from basic to more complex concepts.
- Timely coverage of radiation protection regulations addresses radiation awareness and education efforts across the globe.
- NEW! Chapter Radiation Safety in Computed Tomography and Mammography compiles content on tomography and mammography into one chapter.
- UPDATED! Full-color equipment images and illustrations reinforce important information.
- UPDATED! Content reflects the latest ARRT and ASRT curriculum guidelines.
- Review questions are included at the end of chapters to assess your comprehension, with answers on the Evolve companion website.
- NEW! Key-word glossary helps you find and understand need-to-know terms.
- NEW! Additional tables with sensitivity ranges makes each type of dosimeters easy to reference
Category: Radiological & Ultrasound Technology
Author: Mary Alice Statkiewicz Sherer AS RT(R) FASRT
Pub Date: 11/10/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !