Prepare for success in OT practice with a complete overview of the profession! Introduction to Occupational Therapy, 5th Edition helps you master the roles and responsibilities of the OT practitioner. Content promotes evidence-based OT practice, from client evaluation to planning interventions and goals to reaching optimal outcomes. You’ll also learn valuable skills in clinical reasoning and in providing occupational therapy across the client’s entire lifespan. Written by experienced educator and author Jane Clifford O’Brien, this comprehensive resource discusses today’s OT treatment settings and adds a new chapter on cultural competence.
- Complete coverage of OT practice prepares you for care in areas such as adult, pediatric, geriatric, and mental health.
- A broad perspective fits the needs of both Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant students.
- Case studies and activities in each chapter help you apply concepts and develop problem-solving skills.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you learn to think logically and use research literature to formulate diagnoses and treatment plans.
- The OT Practice Framework provides a sound basis for decision making, defining occupational therapy areas of concern and the OT process.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, chapter summaries, and review questions highlight important content in each chapter.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include review questions with answers along with crossword puzzles to reinforce what you’ve learned in the book.
- NEW content on OT theory and practice includes the latest updates to the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and OT Code of Ethics.
- New coverage of the role of certified Occupational Therapy Assistants shows where OTAs are employed, what licensure requirements they must meet, and how they fit into the scope of OT practice.
- NEW chapter on cultural competence provides the tools you need to work with culturally diverse clients in today’s healthcare environment, and includes case studies with examples of cultural competence and its impact on the practice of OT.
- NEW Centennial Vision commentary provides a ‘big picture’ view of today’s occupational therapy, and shows how OT is becoming a powerful, widely recognized, science-driven, and evidence-based profession as it reaches the age of 100.
Category: Occupational Therapy Books
Author: Jane Clifford O’Brien PhD OTR/L
Pub Date: 3/3/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !