323389678 – Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 8e by Margaret Jordan Halter PhD APRN
Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th Edition is the most comprehensive RN psychiatric nursing text on the market! User-friendly by design, it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric-mental health nursing with a practical, clinical perspective. This edition was revised in conjunction with a readability expert to support clarity and ease of understanding. Chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application, preparing your students for clinical practice with real-world examples. New to this edition are full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications, criteria from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5) for major disorders, completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes, and a fully rewritten chapter on Dying, Death, and Grieving to provide students with essential information about difficult topics.
- Mentor-like writing style reinforces important information and helps in applying textbook content to the clinical setting.
- Coverage of key topics and emerging nursing trends keep you current with best practices in the field.
- Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in various clinical situations.
- Vignettes with vivid mini-stories prepare you for real-world practice with personal, descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Health Policy Boxes introduce the role you can play in advocating for patients and the profession.
- Clinical chapters follow the six-step nursing process, providing consistent guidelines for comprehensive assessment and intervention.
- NEW! Full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications.
- NEW! DSM-5 guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders are fully incorporated in the text, and include updated NANDA content.
- NEW! Completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes.
- NEW! Revised chapter on Dying, Death and Grieving gives you all the vital information you need.
- NEW! Ten NCLEX-style questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
Author: Margaret Jordan Halter PhD APRN
Pub Date: 9/14/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !