323078672 – Introduction to Neurogenic Communication Disorders, 8e by Robert H. Brookshire PhD CCC/SP
Get the tools you need to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with neurogenic communication disorders! Introduction to Neurogenic Communication Disorders, 8th Edition provides a solid foundation in the neurology of communication, as well as the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, assessment, and management of commonly encountered neurogenic communication disorders in adults. A concise, evidence-based approach shows how to measure and treat abnormalities such as aphasia, dysarthria, right-hemisphere syndrome, and traumatic brain injury syndrome. This edition is updated with new coverage of laboratory tests, blast-related injuries to the head, and medications for dementia. Created by neurogenic communication disorders educator Robert H. Brookshire and continued by Malcolm R. McNeil, this bestselling text will enhance your skills in the rehabilitation of clients with neurogenic communication disorders.
- A clear, concise approach makes complex material easy to follow and understand.
- Clinical vignettes show how to apply principles to practice and illustrate how patients are evaluated and treated.
- Thought questions at the end of each chapter are based on realistic scenarios and challenge you to assess your understanding, think critically, and apply information to clinical situations. Suggested answers are included in the appendix.
- Clinically relevant sidebars include related facts, information, and tips for recall or therapy.
- More than 200 photographs and images include anatomic illustrations, scans using various brain imaging techniques, and examples of assessment tests.
- Evidence-based practice is reinforced by the use of scientific, evidence-based rationales to support the effectiveness of treatment approaches.
- Student-friendly features enhance learning with chapter outlines, critical thinking exercises, medical protocols, sample paperwork, patient transcripts, commonly used medical abbreviations, and a glossary with definitions of key vocabulary.
- General Concepts summary points highlight the most important material in each chapter.
- NEW content on closed-head injuries as a consequence of blast injury is included in the Traumatic Brain Injury chapter, addressing a pathophysiology often found in Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans.
- UPDATED content includes new information on medications for treatment of persons with dementia, the latest laboratory tests for neurologic assessment, and the most current cognitive rehabilitation approaches.
- NEW! More Thought questions in each chapter help you apply concepts to clinical situations.
- Additional content on evidence-based practice includes systematic reviews and meta-analyses relating to the efficacy and effectiveness of specific treatment approaches.
- Additional graphics, clinical photographs, and tables depict key information and concepts.
Category: Audiology & Speech Pathology Books
Author: Robert H. Brookshire PhD CCC/SP
Pub Date: 10/7/2014
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !