In Evidence-Based Rehabilitation, Third Edition Drs. Mary Law and Joy MacDermid, along with their contributors, explain evidence-based rehabilitation, the concepts underlying EBP, and build the reader’s knowledge and skills through specific learning. The text is organized by the steps of the EBP process—introduction to EBP, finding the evidence, assessing the evidence, and using the evidence.
EBP focuses first and foremost on making the best decisions for each client and using the best information available. For many rehabilitation practitioners, building skills in EBP is best done one step at a time. Evidence-Based Rehabilitation helps the rehabilitation student and practitioner develop his or her knowledge and skills to implement evidence-based rehabilitation in practice.
Benefits of the Third Edition:
• All chapters have been updated with new information and resources
• New chapters about systematic reviews, and knowledge transfer
• Extensive guide available with specific student activities and answers for faculty use
• Critical review forms included for student use—these forms have been used by practitioners and researchers around the world for 10 to 20 years
• Recognition throughout the book that EBP in rehabilitation means bringing together research evidence, clinical reasoning of the therapist and client values and goals
• Fits the standard 3-unit course design with 11 to 12 sessions
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used for teaching in the classroom.
Designed and written by an occupational therapist and a physical therapist with extensive research, education, and practice experience, Evidence-Based Rehabilitation: A Guide to Practice, Third Edition will guide both occupational therapy and physical therapy students and practitioners as they incorporate evidence-based practice into their work.
Category: Allied Health Professions
Author: Mary Law PhD OT Reg (Ont)
Pub Date: 11/15/2013
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !