1597567841 – Assessment of Communication Disorders in Children: Resources and Protocols, Third Edition by M.N. Hegde
1597567841 –Assessment of Communication Disorders in Children: Resources and Protocols, Third Edition offers a unique combination of scholarly information, invaluable resources, and time-saving protocols on assessment of communication disorders in children.
Most resource books offer limited research and scholarly information, thus making them unsuitable as textbooks for academic courses on assessment and diagnosis. Similarly, most traditional textbooks do not include practical, easy-to-use, and time-saving resources and protocols that the practicing clinicians can readily use during assessment sessions. By combining the strengths of traditional textbooks with newer assessment resources and protocols, this one of a kind book offers a single, comprehensive source that is suitable as a textbook and useful as a practical clinical resource.
This bestselling and trusted text:
- Covers the full range of communication disorders in children, including nonverbal or minimally verbal children
- Includes an extensive discussion of issues in using standardized tests along with detailed information on psychometric principles and offers a detailed discussion of alternative assessment approaches that minimize the problems inherent to standardized tests
- Describes a new, comprehensive, and integrated assessment approach that derives its strengths from the traditional as well as several alternative approaches
- Addresses the multicultural issues in assessing communication disorders in children and integrates multicultural assessment procedures into the assessment protocols offered for all communication disorders
- Contains two chapters for each disorder: one on resources that offers scholarly and research background on the disorder and one on resources that describe practical procedures and protocols that save preparation time and effort for the clinician
New to the Third Edition
- A PluralPlus companion website allows clinicians to view, modify, and print the assessment protocols for their personal use
- All Resources chapters reflect current research and assessment principles and procedures
- Includes updated listings and descriptions of published, standardized tests that are commonly used in the assessment of communication disorders in children
- Includes revisions of several assessment procedures and protocols, based on recent research
- A single streamlined chapter combines research and practical information on assessing ethnoculturally diverse children with alternative and integrated assessment approaches
- Each chapter contains a summary and sample study questions
*NOTE:* This book comes with supplementary content on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will not be able to use it. To guarantee access to the website, it is recommended you purchase a new copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing.
Author: M.N. Hegde
Pub Date: 11/1/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !