1567934447 – Healthcare Operations Management, Second Edition by Daniel B. McLaughlin
This book focuses on operations management and the strategic implementation of programs, techniques, and tools for reducing costs and improving quality. It covers the basics of operations management and explains how operations and process improvement relate to contemporary healthcare trends such as evidence-based medicine and pay-for-performance. The book’s practical approach includes real-world examples to illustrate concepts and explanations of software tools that solve operational problems.
This second edition has been thoroughly revised to address current issues facing healthcare managers. Major revisions include extensive updates to the chapters on statistical tools, Six Sigma, and the Lean enterprise. The chapter on project management now includes information on agile, and the chapter on scheduling and capacity management has been substantially rewritten and expanded. A new chapter on improving financial performance with operations management has been added.
- Emphasizes the importance of operations management in implementing the Affordable Care Act
- Aligns strategic and operational goals, including the use of project management tools and balanced-scorecard techniques to execute and monitor projects
- Thoroughly explores performance tools, techniques, and programs, including Six Sigma, the Lean enterprise, and simulation
- Applies process improvement tools to supply chain management, scheduling, and other healthcare issues
- Includes chapter overviews, a running glossary, discussion questions, and problems for each chapter
Category: Hospital Administration & Care
Author: Daniel B. McLaughlin
Pub Date: 7/30/2012
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !