1496333438 – Nutrition for Dental Health: A Guide for the Dental Professional by Rebecca Sroda RDH MS
Now in vibrant full color, this accessible and student-friendly 3rd Edition features up-to-date, evidence-based content, new practice-focused features, outstanding end-of-chapter and online learning tools, and enhanced instructors resources.
- New Videos on Chairside Counseling, filmed by the author, bring to life the how-to’s of patient counseling. One of the chairside counseling videos will be available in Spanish.
- New chapter on Complimentary Nutritive Therapies introduces students to alternative ways that patients prevent and treat their oral concerns using everyday nutritive remedies.
- New instructor resources; include Voice-over PowerPoint Presentations,Critical Thinking Activities,and a downloadable Comprehensive Patient Forms Booklet.
- New and revised end-of-chapter learning aids—including self-assessment exercises, correlations of content to everyday life, Practice for Patients boxes featuring case studies with questions, and up-to-date web resources—encourage critical thinking and help students master the content,
- New student ancillaries, including Chairside Counseling videos, electronic flashcards, and a Chairside Counselingquick reference card, provide opportunities for interactive review and practice.
- MyPlate (and MiPlato) coverage replaces the 3rd Edition’s Food Pyramid to align with the latest USDA recommendations on encouraging lifelong healthy eating behaviors.
- Evidence-based research supports content and ensures the currency and accuracy of the book’s coverage.
- A new full-color design and art program includes graphics, illustrations, and photos to engage today’s extremely visual learner.
- New content on the relationship between nutrition and periodontal/oral disease in Chapter 3 is written/contributed by, best-selling author Jill Gehrig.
- Current information on vitamins and minerals demonstrates their effect on oral disease.
- New co-author: Registered Dietician Tonia Reinhard gives a dietician’s perspective, solidifying the scientific aspect of the book.
- Food for Thought boxes provide interesting, real-life, need-to-know information.
- An entire unit (Part VI) dedicated to nutritional counseling prepares students for a key role of practicing dental hygienists.
- A friendly look and tone throughout the book draws students in and make the subject of nutrition interesting and lively.
- Nutrients-at-a-Glance charts contain common categories of information to help students organize and compare major nutrients and herbs. Charts can be found in the appendix.
Category: Dental Hygiene
Author: Rebecca Sroda RDH MS
Pub Date: 2/10/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !