1496326326 – Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy (Incredibly Easy! Series®) by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Written in the enjoyable, award-winning Incredibly Easy style, this easy-to-follow, fully illustrated guide offers step-by-step direction on the medication process, from assessing patient needs, to planning care, to implementation and positive outcomes. Strengthen your understanding of your class materials, get ready for the NCLEX® or certification exam, and administer drug therapies—safely and effectively!
Build a strong platform of pharmacology knowledge and skills with. . .
- NEW and updated content on the newest approved medications and dosages and NEW tables listing:
- NEW vaccines and treatment for biological weapons exposure
- NEW treatment and antidotes for chemical weapons exposure
- NEW herbal drugs content
- NEW icons and images that clarify content
- Revised and updated content on the concepts of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacotherapeutics
- Pharmacology basics – How drugs are derived, developed, classified, and administered; classes of drugs by body system; their uses and mechanisms
- “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake” illustrated characters offering tips and insights throughout
- Quick-scan format with concise, bulleted content
- Hundreds of illustrations and diagrams explaining key concepts and providing clear direction on administering drugs; drug distribution, absorption, and metabolism; potential drug interactions; adverse reactions; how different classes of drugs work in different body systems
- Special chapter features:
- Just the facts – A quick summary of chapter content
- Advice from the experts – Experienced practitioners’ insights
- Prototype pro – Actions, indications, and nursing considerations for common prototype drugs
- Nursing process – Patient assessment, diagnosis, outcome goals, implementation, and evaluation for each type and class of drug
- Pharm function – Illustrating how drugs act in the body; recognizing and treating adverse reactions
- Before you give that drug – Warnings to consider before you administer a drug
- Education edge – Information to share with your patient
- Quick quiz – End-of-chapter questions with answers/explanations, to help you remember the essentials
End-of-book multiple-choice Q&A; Quick Guides to Medication Safety, Ophthalmic and Dermatologic Drugs, and Abbreviations to Avoid; Glossary of essential pharmacology terms.
Author: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Pub Date: 7/25/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !