Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistrylinks biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrationsmake chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettes connect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notesexplain patient signs or symptoms, and Method Notesrelate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.
- Clinical Commentslink biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.
- Biochemical Commentsexplore directions for new research.
- Key Concepts and Summary Disease tableshighlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answersat the end of each chapter – 470 total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resources available online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study
Category: Alternative Medicine
Author: Michael Lieberman
Pub Date: 7/18/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !