1496319966 – Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice: A Practical Approach by Virginia Poole Arcangelo PhD CRNP
Be ready to prescribe and administer drugs safely and effectively—and grasp all the vitals of pharmacology—with the fully updated Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice, 4th edition.
Written by pharmacology nursing experts, this easy-to-read text offers proven frameworks for treating more than 50 common diseases and disorders. Learn how to identify disorders, review possible therapies, then prescribe and monitor drug treatment, accurately. Based on current evidence and real-life patient scenarios, this is the perfect pharmacology learning guide and on-the-spot clinical resource.
Absorb the key principles and practical methods for accurate prescribing and monitoring, with . . .
- NEW chapter on Parkinson’s disease, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- NEWand updated therapies, and updated and additional case studies, with sample questions
- NEW content on the impacts of the Affordable Care Act
- Updated chapters on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and pharmacogenomics
- Updated evidence-basedalgorithms and drugtables – Listing uses, mechanisms, adverse effects, drug interactions, contraindications, and monitoring parameters, organized by drug class; quick access to generic and trade names and dosages
- Quick-scan formatorganizes information by body system
- Chapter features include:
- Brief overview – Pathophysiology of each disorder, and relevant classes of drugs
- Monitoring Patient Response section – What to monitor, and when
- Patient Education section – Includes information on CAM for each disorder
- Drug Overview tables – Usual dose, contraindications and side effects, and special considerations
- Algorithms – Visual cues on how to approach treatment
- Updated Recommended Order of Treatment tables – First-, second- and third-line drug therapies for each disorder
- Answers to Case Study Questions for each disorder – Strengthens critical thinking skills
- Selecting the Most Appropriate Agentsection – The thought process for choosing an initial drug therapy
- Principles of Therapeuticsunit – Avoiding medication errors; pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics; impact of drug interactions and adverse events; principles of pharmacotherapy for pediatrics, pregnancy/lactation, and geriatrics
- Disorders units – Pharmacotherapy for disorders in various body systems
- Pharmacotherapy in Health Promotion unit – Smoking cessation, immunizations, weight management
- Women’s Health unit – Including contraception, menopause, and osteoporosis
- Integrative Approach to Patient Care unit – Issues to consider when presented with more than one diagnosis
- Standard pharmacotherapeutics text for nurse practitioners, students, and physician assistants
- Ancillaries – Case Study answers, multiple choice questions and answers for every chapter, PowerPoints, Acronyms List
Category: Allied Health Professions
Author: Virginia Poole Arcangelo PhD CRNP
Pub Date: 8/17/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !