1455728969 – Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists, 4e by Jaime C. Paz MS PT
Familiarize yourself with the acute care environment with this essential guide to physical therapy practice in an acute care setting. Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists, 4th Edition helps you understand and interpret hospital protocol, safety, medical-surgical ‘lingo’, and the many aspects of patient are from the emergency department to the intensive care unit to the general ward. This restructured new edition streamlines the text into four parts― Introduction, Systems, Diagnoses, and Interventions to make the book even easier to use as a quick reference. Intervention algorithms, updated illustrations, and language consistent with the ICF model all help you digest new information and become familiar with new terminology. This comprehensive resource is just what you need to better manage the specific needs of your patients in the complex acute care environment.
- Intervention algorithms, tables, boxes, and clinical tips highlight key information about the acute care environment in a format that makes finding and digesting information easy.
- The major body system chapters provide the evidence-based information you need to understand the complex issues of patients in the acute care environment so you can optimally manage the needs of your patients.
- Current information on medications, laboratory tests, diagnostics, and intervention methods relevant to patients in the acute care environment illustrates how the acute care environment can impact these elements.
- Clinical tips highlight key points and provide access to the tips and tricks accumulated over a career by an experienced clinician.
- Language consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition offers common linguistic ground through the use of Guide standards.
- Lay-flat pages and uncluttered design make the book easier to use as a quick reference.
- NEW! Restructured table of contents helps you quickly locate information.
- NEW! Language from the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF) model adopted by the American Physical Therapy Association increases your familiarity with terminology.
- NEW! New intervention algorithms along with existing algorithms break clinical decision-making into individual steps and sharpens your on-the-spot critical-thinking skills.
- NEW! A quick-reference appendix covering abbreviations commonly found in the acute care environment supplies the translation tools you need, while flagging any abbreviations that may be harmful to the patient.
Category: Physical Therapy
Author: Jaime C. Paz MS PT
Pub Date: 10/9/2013
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !