1454868309 – Criminal Procedure: Investigation and Right to Counsel [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook) by Ronald J. Allen
Buy anew versionof this Connected Casebook and receiveaccessto theonline e-book,practice questionsfrom your favorite study aids, and anoutline toolon CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Criminal Procedure: Investigation and Right to Counsel is for courses on criminal procedure law that focus on the issues pertaining to the investigation of criminal activities. ;It is a spin-off of Comprehensive Criminal Procedure, by the same team of authors, which covers both the investigatory and adjudicatory aspects of criminal procedure law. ;The casebook focuses primarily on constitutional criminal procedure law, but also covers relevant statutes and court rules.
New to the Third Edition:
- We have added a wonderful new co-author, Yale Professor Tracey Meares, whose special expertise in the law and policy of police investigations has enriched the casebook tremendously.
- The Introduction chapter has been updated with a number of new scholarly writings that provide an overview of important aspects of criminal procedure law.
- The Right to Counsel chapter incorporates the new wave of structural reform litigation over the often-crushing caseloads and frequently inadequate resources of public defender offices; the chapter has also been completely reorganized for clarity and ease of teaching.
- The chapter on Boyd v. United States has been revised in light of the recent apparent revival of at least some aspects of that decision, and its newfound relevance to contemporary criminal procedure law.
- The Fourth and Fifth Amendment chapters, together with the chapter on Complex Investigations, have been completely rewritten to reflect the latest legal, social, and empirical developments in such important areas as police discretion (including stop-and-frisk and police use of force) and data searches (including searches of cell phones and e-mails, GPS and other forms of location monitoring, government investigative use of digital records, and legal protections for computer passwords and encryption keys).
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
Author: Ronald J. Allen
Pub Date: 2/29/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !