1454868287 – Criminal Procedure: Adjudication and Right To Counsel [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook) by Ronald J. Allen
Buy anew versionof this Connected Casebook and receiveaccessto theonline e-book,practice questionsfrom your favorite study aids, and anoutline toolon CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Criminal Procedure: Adjudication and Right to Counsel is for courses on criminal procedure law that focus on the issues pertaining to the adjudication of criminal cases. It is a spin-off of Comprehensive Criminal Procedure, by the same team of authors, which covers both the investigatory and adjudicatory aspects of criminal procedure law. The casebook focuses primarily on constitutional criminal procedure law, but also covers relevant statutes and court rules. The casebook is deliberately challenging—it is designed for teachers who want to explore deeply not only the contemporary state of the law, but also its historical and theoretical foundations. The casebook incorporates a particular emphasis on empirical knowledge about the real-world impacts of law-in-action; the significance of race and class; the close relationship between criminal procedure law and substantive criminal law; the cold reality that hard choices sometimes must be made in a world of limited criminal justice resources; and, finally, the recognition that criminal procedure law always should strive to achieve both fairness to the accused and justice for society as a whole.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- We have added a wonderful new co-author, Yale Professor Tracey Meares, whose special expertise in the law and policy of police investigations has enriched the casebook tremendously.
- The Introduction chapter has been updated with a number of new scholarly writings that provide an overview of important aspects of criminal procedure law.
- The Right to Counsel chapter incorporates the new wave of structural reform litigation over the often-crushing caseloads and frequently inadequate resources of public defender office.
- The Jury and the Criminal Trial chapter has been revised to include the latest developments concerning the Confrontation Clause and the continuing evolution of the Crawford doctrine.
- The Sentencing chapter has been updated to include the most recent of the Supreme Court’s line of Apprendi/Blakely/Booker decisions.
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
Category: Criminal Law
Author: Ronald J. Allen
Pub Date: 2/29/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !