1451151497 – Primary Care Medicine: Office Evaluation and Management of the Adult Patient by Dr. Allan H. Goroll MD MACP
Clinicians and students at all levels and in all primary care disciplines will benefit from the clear, practical, evidence-based writing and recommendations that address the full spectrum of clinical problems encountered in the adult primary care practice. Whether it’s the answer to a screening, prevention, evaluation, or management question or a comprehensive approach to a complex condition, the reader will find a review of best evidence integrated with considerations of affordability, cost-effectiveness, convenience and patient preference. Chapters present actionable, scientifically validated guidance that allows physicians to go beyond standard consensus guidelines and provide highly personalized care. Special consideration is given to team-based approaches of primary care delivery, recognizing its increasing importance to achieving high levels of practice performance.
Primary Care Medicine’s digital format and quarterly updates ensure current, point-of-care decision support. New, online resources include a recommended curriculum for trainees and faculty, emphasizing a core knowledge base needed for all members of the primary care team, and access to state-of-the-art, condition-specific decision grids to facilitate patient participation in shared decision-making.
- Interactive eBook with searchable text with quarterly updates integrating important new evidence
- Unique problem-based chapter organization covers the spectrum of adult primary care, including expanded sections on complementary and alternative therapies, men’s and women’s health issues, ADHD, posttraumatic stress disorder, and biologic therapies for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
- All chapters are completely updated with new data from nearly 3000 of the latest and best randomized trials, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and cost-effectiveness studies, addressing such issues as revised treatment goals for diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia; new oral anticoagulants for stroke prophylaxis; new antiviral therapies for HIV and hepatitis C; new diagnostic standards for mental health disorders; and best approaches to screening for lung cancer and coronary disease.
- New sections on evidence-based approaches to team care that enhance patient outcomes.
- Over 300 tables, figures, and photographs, many in color.
- Bulleted recommendations, blending best consensus guidelines with approaches to personalizing care.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Searchable text with quarterly updates integrating important new evidence
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
The result is an invaluable tool for decision support and learning at the point of care.
“Compared with other primary care books written for use in the office at the point of care, Primary Care Medicine is the one to own.” Journal of the American Medical Association
Category: Family Practice: Books
Author: Dr. Allan H. Goroll MD MACP
Pub Date: 6/22/2014
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !