123869374 – Drugs, Addiction, and the Brain by George F. Koob
Drugs, Addiction, and the Brain explores the molecular, cellular, and neurocircuitry systems in the brain that are responsible for drug addiction. Common neurobiological elements are emphasized that provide novel insights into how the brain mediates the acute rewarding effects of drugs of abuse and how it changes during the transition from initial drug use to compulsive drug use and addiction. The book provides a detailed overview of the pathophysiology of the disease. The information provided will be useful for neuroscientists in the field of addiction, drug abuse treatment providers, and undergraduate and postgraduate students who are interested in learning the diverse effects of drugs of abuse on the brain.
- Full-color circuitry diagrams of brain regions implicated in each stage of the addiction cycle
- Actual data figures from original sources illustrating key concepts and findings
- Introduction to basic neuropharmacology terms and concepts
- Introduction to numerous animal models used to study diverse aspects of drug use.
- Thorough review of extant work on the neurobiology of addiction
Author: George F. Koob
Pub Date: 7/29/2014
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !