113866832X – Medical Sociology by William C. Cockerham
Companion Website Materials Coming Soon!
The most thorough major academic textbook available, this classic text presents the most important research studies in the field. The author also integrates engaging first-person accounts from patients, physicians, and other health care providers throughout the text. A much greater number of first person accounts and updated examples are added to the new fourteenth edition. Other updates include:
• Coverage of Zika, Ebola, MERS, and updates on other pandemics
• Expanded discussion of obesity as a disease
• Coverage of the widening gap in life expectancy between the rich and the poor
• New information on the decline of life expectancy among American white women, especially those who live in rural counties
• New material on biomarkers, gene–environment interaction, and stress
• Analysis of the role of the hidden curriculum in medical schools
• Exiting the Affordable Care Act
Category: Administration & Medicine Economics
Author: William C. Cockerham
Pub Date: 4/26/2017
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !