1138186872 – Psychology of Gender – 5th Edition by Vicki S. Helgeson
1138186872 – Well-known for its fair and equal coverage, this book reviews the research and topics surrounding gender from multiple viewpoints including psychology, anthropology, sociology and public health, with an importance on the interaction between social and biological theories. The implications of status, social roles and gender-related traits on relationships and health that are central to student daily lives are underscored throughout. Students learn how to differentiate the similarities and variances between the sexes and theories that explain the differences. Methodological flaws that may affect the observance of sex differences are also examined.
New to the fifth Edition:
- Expanded sections on homosexuality, cohabitation, online relationships, single-sex classrooms, social media influences, gender implications of divorce on health and sex differences in math abilities
- Expanded coverage of gender and parenting, gender and power, gender and the workplace balancing work / family
- An expanded intersectional approach that highlights how gender is connected to race, social class and ethnicity, including more attention of gender system theory
- Coverage of transgender topics including recent changes in the DSM guidelines
- Streamlined dialogues to further engage students to think about gender issues
- A website at www.routledge.com/cw/Helgeson where teachers will find multiple choice quizzes, Power Point slides, and short answer questions with recommended answers for each chapter, chapter outlines,flashcards of key terms and links to related websites and further reading
Author: Vicki S. Helgeson
Pub Date: 8/3/2016
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap textbooks new and used with Low Price Books for Android !