Your guide to becoming a successful back yard beekeeper
Want to find out what all the buzz is about beekeeping? The latest edition of Beekeeping For Dummies gives you the most trusted and up-to-date information on safely keeping your own bees, including complete instructions for assembling and maintaining beehives, handling all phases of honey production, using the latest tools and equipment, and much more.
Keeping your own bees has many benefits: they not only pollinate your garden, but you can harvest the honey, honeycomb, propolis, bee pollen, and wax. With the expert guidance in Beekeeping For Dummies, you’ll get the know-how to acquire your own bees and transfer them safely to their new home, securely open and close the hive, inspect your bees at the right time, handle common problems, and extract honey like a pro.
- Includes expert tips for maintaining a healthy bee colonyContains options for using natural (non-chemical) methods for keeping bees healthy
- Has information for keeping bees in both suburban and urban environments
- Covers harvesting and marketing your honey
- Explores the impact the sudden disappearance of the honey bee has on our environment and economy
- Provides information on how to raise your own queen bees and improve the genetics of your colonies
If you’re brand-new to the scene or a seasoned beekeeper looking for the latest tools, techniques and information on back yard beekeeping, this hands-on, friendly guide has you covered.
Author: Howland Blackiston
Pub Date: 3/2/2015
Save on College Textbooks, eTextbooks with Low Price Books,
download our App to find cheap prices on new and used books Low Price Books for Android !